Subject: Re: PAR Problems
From: [email-masked] (John Crookshank)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 94 20:05:56 CST

Dan Rockwell writes:

>I've seen alot quirks in using the PAR over time, but reccently I
>encountered an error " Failed Serial ".  What is that?  I'm using the new
>Conner approved drives, and am running PAR in version 2.10.  Could AmiLink,
>or MagicWorkbench be interfearing with the PAR?  

Check the ToolTypes in the Par software icon. Delete any references you see to
the serial port. I had a few similar "serial port conflicts", while running PAR
V2.10, and a call to DPS's tech support got the response that the serial port
information does not normally belong there in the tooltypes, and it was a
mistake to have released it that way. PAR software is up to V2.25, so you might
just want to get the upgrade, which will also fix that (and other) problems,
plus add new features. The upgrade is available on the nets, free.

  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
 [     John Crookshank    |        MicroTech Solutions, Inc.           ]
 [   [email-masked]   |   BBS:708-851-3929   Voice:708-851-3033    ]
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------